Friday, January 8, 2010

Strawberry-Ricotta Squares

I was checking out an old issue of WOMENS DAY (june issue) magazine and found this recipe. As I looked it over I realized I had all the ingredients to make these delish little squares. So, tonight we are having dessert!

These Strawberry-Ricotta Squares are light, crisp and hit the spot. 





Strawberry-Ricotta Squares
adapted from WOMENSDAY June 2009

 Fillo (Phyllo) Dough Pastry Sheets, 5 sheets
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1 tablespoon powder sugar
1/2 ounce bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, grated or finely chopped
1 pint fresh strawberries sliced
1/16 of a teaspoon of vanilla
vanilla sugar
butter, melted

 Preheat oven 350. Grease a baking sheet. On the baking sheet, butter each layer of phyllo dough, sprinkle vanilla sugar between each buttered layer. Cut phyllo dough into 9 squares. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown, set aside. Gently fold ricotta, powder sugar and vanilla in a small bowl; To serve,spread 1 tablespoon onto each square. Press strawberry pieces into ricotta. Dust with powder sugar and grated chocolate on top of each square.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Il love when I have a ll the stuff in the house to make something this yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a huge fan of ricotta but my kids prefer mascarpone. I think I could sneak this past them. :)

    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete