Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Nutella Pound Cake

Pound cake with a swirl of Nutella running through it, what's not to like? This recipe is all over the internet and on every other blog, and now I know why. It is scrumptious! This is an easy, tasty, sweet pound cake that is very satisfying.

Nutella has been enjoyed for numerous years in Italy, as well as my home. In fact, it was created in the 1940s by Pietro Ferrero, a pastry maker and founder of the Ferrero Company. During World War II, chocolate was scarce. So Mr. Ferrero used hazelnuts, which are plentiful in the Piedmont region of Italy, to extend the chocolate supply.







Nutella Pound Cake
Lauren Chattman’s Cake-Keeper Cakes

1&1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
4 large eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
1&1/4 cups sugar
1-13-ounce jar Nutella


Preheat the oven to 325°. Lightly grease and flour a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan, tapping out any excess flour. In a glass measuring cup, lightly beat the eggs with the vanilla. In a medium bowl, whisk the 1 1/2 cups of flour with the baking powder and salt.

In a large bowl, using a handheld mixer, beat the butter with the sugar at medium-high speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the mixer at medium-low speed, gradually beat in the egg mixture until fully incorporated. Add the flour mixture in 3 batches, beating at low speed between additions until just incorporated. Continue to beat for 30 seconds longer.

Spread one-third of the batter in the prepared pan, then spread half of the Nutella on top. Repeat with another third of the batter and the remaining Nutella. Top with the remaining batter. Lightly swirl the Nutella into the batter with a butter knife. Do not over mix.

Bake the cake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes. Invert the cake onto a wire rack, turn it right side up and let cool completely, about 2 hours. Cut the cake into slices and serve.



Enjoy!

19 comments:

  1. Ooooh, yummy! I am a certified Nutella freak but I have never tried this pound cake before. I definitely need to change that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual, another yummy dish!
    But I'm also stopping by because :::drumroll::
    I’m passing the Beautiful Blogger Award on to you!

    That’s right YOU!
    You can even visit my site and see it in big, fancified “Matter-O-Facto” and get the 411 / the skinny/ the shiznit.
    Most importantly, the Pic. ;)
    You So Rock! I want to weep at your awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this but I haven't had it in years! So glad you posted it so I can try it again! Isn't it hard not to laugh when you hear someone get a 'bless your heart'? Sometimes I have to just walk away before I seriously embarrass myself. 3 times in one evening had to have you rolling! Thanks for stopping by.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like the best pound cake ever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! This cake is delicious! I enjoyed it way too much. I really didn't want to stop eating it. I love your food selections. You have a talent for selecting great food. Plus, you keep the ingredients simple.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a tempting pound cake. It must be so delicious with that swirl of Nutella ribboning through it. This has been on my to-do list for a while, so I needed this tempting prompt to remind me to get going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Nutella is one of my son's most favorite things ~ he will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We started eating Nutella while in Switzerland so I will have to try this!
    Stopping by from Fri Follows - I'm a new follower whether late or early, I am here!. Love to have you stop by:
    http://dimes2vines.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I gotta tell you that I could easily eat at your house and be totally happy! This ANOTHER one of those recipes I've wanted to make but hadn't gotten around to it! I think you gave me the nudge I needed!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I just gained a pound looking at the picture! Looks so good. I just love Nutella.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i agree -- what's not to like. i have a couple of lauren chattman's books, and they're all great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following from the Friday Follow! Hope to see you at http://luvsjurn3.blogspot.com soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ur cake looks so good. You're right, what's not to like!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delicious pound cake! I never have a chance to bake anything when I buy Nutella - I can't keep my spoon out of the jar and before I know it - it's all gone.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am not sure this would make it out of the pan. My kids are Nutella crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Smart Woman! Nutella + Pound Cake = Heaven! I can't wait to make this!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a jar of Nutella in my cupboard calling me. I will be making this, this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I adore Nutella! This pound cake sounds amazing and I'm going to make this at the weekend.

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete