Friday, February 12, 2010

Toll House Butterscotch Chip Cookies and Snow

It has been a crazy 24 hours here in Texas. As some of you know I live 30 miles south of Dallas and we have been hit with a Texas blizzard! I have lived in this area my whole life and I can honestly say that I have never seen it snow like this ever in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. We have had 10-12 inches of snow in a 24 hour period. That is a lot of snow for us Texans! My family has enjoyed all that Mother Nature has given us. Now we are dealing will our tree tops breaking from all the heavy snow. We live on 3 acres with LOTS of tree's. The way I see it, is if all we have are fallen trees to pick up then we are lucky. We are very grateful to be safe, warm and have electricity ;). 

So what do Texans do on a snow day?

SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!





Spike, striking a pose.


Snow Angel

My son and his friend from next door with Frosty 

The creek behind our house

This picture makes me laugh, look at the snow on top of the handle of the buried shovel. You can see part of a tree top on the ground. We will have some cleaning up to do.




So after all the fun of playing in the snow we needed something to fill our bellies so of course I thought of sugar. I had this recipe on my list of cookies to try and today was the perfect day to try them out.

This cookie is really tasty, especially if you like butterscotch and toffee.  It is a simple Toll House cookie recipe, and I added few extra's to it to suit our taste buds. Give them a try, they are delish!








Toll House Butterscotch  Chip Cookies

2 sticks butter, softened
¾ Cup sugar
¾ Cup brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temp.
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ½ Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ Cup quick oats, this is my add in
2 Cups butterscotch chips
1 Cup Heath Toffee Bits, this is my add in


Mix together the flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl, set aside.

Cream the sugars and butter together, add the vanilla.

Add the eggs one at a time.

Slowly add the flour mixture.

When completely mixed, add the oatmeal, butterscotch chips and toffee bits, mix well.

Drop by the spoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I used my medium scoop and lined the cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Bake 8-10 minutes at 375F degrees. Cool on wired rack for 10-15 minutes or till completly cool,



Enjoy!

20 comments:

  1. I live about 20 miles North of Dallas (near Frisco) and we also had a great time playing in the snow. Your cookies look great and your fire looks warm!
    I really enjoy your blog, Happy Valentines Day!
    -Andrea
    Pumkin Tart

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe, my southern cousin, that you are getting sooo much snow. I live in frosty New England, and we have not nearly had that amount of snow. I am starting to think that the world may be turning upside down. As I look out my little computer room's window I can see BARE patches of ground. Usually we have snowbanks so high on the sides of our driveways that we cannot see over them. This has been the oddest winter in recent memory.

    But those cookies....certainly fill the heart with love and fill the belly with goodness! Great pix! Now I want cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PERFECT for a snowy day!

    And AAAAHHHH! You have a Boston! I have 2. I KNEW I like you!

    Cookies + Bostons = Good Times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am now following your blog from Friday Follow. Looks like the kids had a lot of fun in the snow. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The snow looks so pretty :) my kids hope every year for it to snow here. Your cookies look yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these sound great! I love your blog!!
    As for the snow...c'mon over to upstate NY and we will gladly share anytime. This year everyone seems to be getting more that we are! Not that I am complaining.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopped by from Friday Follows. Looks like you had fun in the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet everyone had a ton of fun. My children have never seen snow.

    Your cookies look terrific and I bet were a welcomed treat to come into.
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  9. The oats and toffee bits...yum! I am adding you to my blog roll. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you made a wonderful day of fun. And there's nothing like yummy cookies, milk, and a warm fire on a cold day! I am amazed at all the lost tree tops from the snow storm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that extra sweetness that butterscotch chips provide. Yours look delicious and I love the snow pics.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cookies and milk look like the perfect snow day treat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow! my husband is from your area and i don't think he ever saw that much snow. we're getting dumped on too and i'm so ready for it to stop!

    the cookies look fabulous, a great way to spend a snowy day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Snow in Texas and none here in Northern Idaho. What is the world coming to??

    Your cookies look yummy. I want cookies.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow those cookies look so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a delicious cookie with butterscotch AND toffee! Perfect for munching on after building a snowman!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Visiting from Friday Follow. Now I have to follow since you have a Boston! Look forward to reading through your recipes too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete