Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Tortilla Soup

I LOVE soups, especially this time of year. So if you are looking for a quick weeknight dinner you will love this. This recipe was given to me by my BFF Ginger. It is one of my family's favorites. You can find this recipe on the back of HATCH Green Chili Enchilada Sauce. How easy is that!


Ingredients:
1 1/2 lbs. cooked chicken, I use a whole store bought rotisserie chicken
1 15oz. can diced tomatoes
1 14oz. can HATCH Green Chili Enchilada Sauce
2 4oz. cans HATCH Diced Green Chilies
1 15oz. can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 medium onion chopped
2 Tbs. minced garlic
2 cups water, I use 1 cup
1 15oz. can chicken broth, I use 2
2 tsp. of each, cumin & chili powder
salt and pepper to taste, I skip this
1 15 oz. can corn, drained
1 Tbs. chopped cilantro, I skip this

Directions:
Combine all ingredients in crock pot, except cilantro. Cover and cook for 6-8 hour. To serve spoon into bowls and garnish with cilantro, cheese, sour cream, avocado and tortilla chips.




Enjoy!



Notes: Use a cooked rotisserie chicken, it makes life easier =). You can make this on the stove top just let it simmer for 45 minutes to an hour. I also add an extra 1/2 cup of chicken broth, I like it soupy.

No comments:

Post a Comment