Sour Cream Coffee Cake
The sour cream makes this coffee cake super moist and the best part is you can have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
You can't go wrong with this recipe, it is full of cinnamon, brown sugar and walnuts. Need I say more?
1/2 cups butter
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/2 cups sour cream
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons each vanilla & water
1 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 325 and grease bundt pan.
2. Beat butter and granulated sugar together until light & fluffy.
3. Add the 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, then beat in the eggs, one at a time beating well after each addition.
4. Stir in the sour cream.
5. Sift flour, baking powder, soda and salt together and blend into mixture.
6. Combine nuts, cinnamon, and brown sugar in a small bowl.
7. Spoon 1/3 of the batter into a grease, flour-dusted 10 inch tube pan or bundt pan.
8.Sprinkle with 1/3 of the nut mixture. Continue layering to make three layers of each, ending with the nut mixture. Blend vanilla and water in a bowl and drizzle it over top.
9. Bake cake for about 80 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
10. Cool 12 -15 mintues on a wire rack, then remove from the pan.
11. In a small bowl, mix the confectioners sugar, maple syrup & vanilla together to make the glaze.
12. Spread the frosting on top of the cooled cake and serve.
Recipe adapted from; Shutterbean