Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Chicken Parmesan Panini

I was in Cedar Hill today doing a little shopping and drove by Sam's Pizza.  If you are familiar with Cedar Hill then you know about Sam's Pizza. It is a small, family owned pizza joint in down town. The food is delish. My fave is the chicken parmesan sub. So that was my inspiration for tonight's dinner. Plus I'm using my Brevilli Panini Press that my husband gave me for Christmas =), woo hoo!!!




















Chicken Parmesan Panini

2 chicken breast, butterflied
1/2 cup olive oil, you may need a little more
1 loaf of ciabatta, cut in fourths then sliced in half
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 cup parmigiano-reggiano
fresh mozzarella ball, 8 ounce
fresh basil, chopped, to taste
1 1/2 cups of marinara sauce, of your choice, save some for dipping your panini
salt & pepper to tast
itailian seasoning, optional

Preheat panini grill to medium-high heat (375 degrees). Butterfly your chicken breast, set aside. Slice your mozzerella into 8 slices, set aside. Cut the ciabatta loaf in fourths, then in half, brush lightly with olive oil on both side. Put egg,  flour and panko breadcrumbs into separate bowls, in the panko breadcrumb bowl add the parmigiano and mix well. You can also season the panko crumbs with salt and pepper to taste and even add a little italian seasoning. Dip chicken in flour, then in egg, then into the panko breadcrumbs press firmly, set aside.  In a pan over medium heat add your olive oil. Once oil has heated add chicken breast and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until done.

Cook chicken 3-4 minutes or until done.


Now you can start layering your panini. I sprinkled cayenne pepper and crush pepper flakes, yummy!


Add your marinara (about 3-4 tablespoons) and fresh basil to taste.




Once layered cook for 5-6 minutes.


Oh you smell soooooo goooood!

Serve with a soup/salad.

Enjoy!


Meet Mr. B, my new BFF =)



4 comments:

  1. Aw... I have a favorite appliance... it's my BAKAWA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana, I am so jealous ~ I asked Santa for this press but didn't get it! Birthday?? This recipe sounds great! Karyn G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I thought I was your BFF?! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. These were delicious. My kids ate them and enjoyed them. My husband loved it. I did adapt the chicken and use grilled chicken and sprinkled parmesan on the inside of the bun, but added everything else. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete