Vegetable Beef Soup
This soup is a comforting meal that's perfect for our family on a cold winter day and is my all-time favorite soup recipe to make. It is full of veggie goodness and taste absolutely delicious and makes enough to freeze.
1 pound ground beef
1 onion, chopped
4 stalks of celery, chopped
4 carrots, sliced
1 can green beans, drained
1 can cannelloni beans, drained
2 quarts beef broth
1 cup water
1 (14.5 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
1 can mild Rotel
1 can tomato paste
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 (4 oz.) can whole green chilies, chopped
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons oregano
1 teaspoon granulated onion
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste (I use very little salt)
4-5 russet potatoes, cubed
1. In large soup pot brown ground beef
2. Then add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, onions and cook 2-3 more minutes.
3. Add garlic, celery, carrots, green beans, beans, broth, water, crushed and Rotel tomatoes, green chilies, oregano, granulated onion, salt and pepper, and tomato paste.
4. Bring to a slight boil then simmer for 40-45 minutes or so.
5. Then add potatoes and cook till tender. 10-15 minutes. I usually leave potatoes a little firm. They will continue to cook as the soup sits to cool.