Homemade Fruit and Nut Energy Bars
My family has truly enjoyed these fruit & nut energy bars a whole lot. I must say they are delicious, chewy with the perfect about of sweetness and loaded full of goodness. This recipe is definitely a keeper. Give it a try.
1 cup almonds
1 cup walnuts
2 cups of dates, pits removed
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/2 cup dried coconut
1 tablespoon chia seeds
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Place almonds and walnuts into a food processor and pulse until nuts are finely chopped. Don't over mix or it will start to look like almond flour.
2. Place mixture into a large bowl and set aside.
3. Add all other ingredients to food processor and mix until all ingredients are incorporated. This may take some stopping and scrapping off of the walls of the food processor, it is really sticky.
4. Pour fruit mixture into the bowl with the almond and walnut mixture and use clean hands to mix all ingredients together.
5. Lay a large piece of parchment paper out on the countertop or large cookie sheet.
6. Use hands to form 12 fruit & nut energy bars. (balls)
7. Store in a airtight container and store in refrigerator up to a week.
I will say they never last past a week in our house!
Recipe adapted from : Emily Eats Real Food