Pickled Purple Onions
This recipe for pickled onions is simple and omgosh delicious. Perfect for chopped salads, burrito bowls, tacos, burgers, BBQ or what ever suits your fancy.
1 purple onion, sliced very thin
pink and black peppercorns, add as much as you like
1-2 tablespoons of dried/fresh herbs, in this batch I used fresh parsley, tarragon, oregano
1-2 tabasco peppers, or what ever pepper you have on hand (optional)
1. Place sliced onion in a jar (with a lid).
2. Fill jar half full with white vinegar and the other half with water.
3. Add spices, herbs and peppers.
4. Place lid on jar, tighten and shake gently.
5. Refrigerate for 24hrs, and then chow down.
6. Keep stored in refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from: Emily Eats Real Food