Tender, buttery Lemon Cooler Cookies are full of lemon flavor and generously coated with lemon-zest powdered sugar. Yum.
1 cup flour
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
1 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, save the 1/2 teaspoon to add to powder sugar at the end
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
1. Heat oven 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper
2. Mix flour, 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon zest in a bowl.
3. Add butter and extracts, beat until ingredients form a ball.
4. Drop dough by generous teaspoons onto cookie sheet.
5. Bake 11- 15 minutes, or until bottoms lightly brown.
6. Transfer cookies to wire rack and cool completely.
7. Place the remaining 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar and lemon zest into a zip lock baggie. Drop a few cookies at a time and coat well. Store in air-tight container
Recipe adapted from: Food.com